Downfall

"Downfall" 

Ismailia 20/07/2021 8:28 PM


I still can feel careless whispers all over my body. People from my past life ask how did I get here as I look up from the bottom of the well. "Can't she really climb up?"  I ask the same question they ask every day, and I never got an answer, I also wonder how did I end up here. I can see how beautiful the sky looks from here, I wonder if they appreciate it as much as I do from down here. I tried scrubbing failure and shame off my body, I tried to scrub their wonders off my skin. I ended up with open wounds, and blood dripping on the muddy ground. How does it feel to be a fallen, left out, and incapable angel? How does it feel to be Icarus? How does it feel when your limbs can no more carry you up? The arrows I used to shoot up the clouds are now raining down on me 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hopeless Romantic

Lowest of the lows